Batteries are an integral part of any critical power application. Optimal service life is realized through routine maintenance.
South Florida Critical Power recognizes that batteries are an integral part of any critical power application. Optimal service life is realized through routine testing and maintenance. As a battery ages, its capacity drops. Battery testing is highly recommended to measure the energy that a battery is able to store and detect bad batteries.
Industry field data reveals that nearly 70% of remedial service activity is related to battery system failure. To insure UPS systems operate at optimum levels, batteries need to be replaced if they test read at 80% or less.
All it takes is one weak battery or connection to expose your critical equipment to a power problem. The cost of keeping your batteries fresh by regular testing and maintenance is minimal, when compared to the cost of downtime that a single battery can cause.
South Florida Critical Power Service Packages include battery maintenance that is performed during preventative maintenance service visits. Benefits to our customers include:
- The freshest batteries possible
- Supply of all types, sizes, styles
- Cost effective consulting
- Recycling of old and damaged batteries
South Florida Critical Power can help with all of your battery requirements. Call us today (800) 399-7414 to consult with our experts to find the right battery solution for your needs.
What does Battery Testing Consist Of?
Inviting the highly trained field engineers of South Florida Critical Power into your business to provide accurate battery testing means you entrust your company’s critical power systems to the best in the business. Our field engineers will:
- Test and measure your battery system’s voltage, record data, and report it back to you for baseline measures and trends;
- Measure, record and report to you your battery system’s internal resistance, a way to track battery degradation over time;
- Check and, if needed, tighten the UPS battery post connections;
- Assess and prevent thermal runaway, in which the battery's temperature increases and causes further increases.
Why is Battery Testing Needed?
Knowing when to replace specific batteries in your battery backup system means testing battery life on a regular schedule. With battery testing services from South Florida Critical Power, your UPS is kept in constant readiness. Without frequent testing, environmental conditions can cause your batteries to degrade, losing their effectiveness at precisely the moment you need them.
Battery System Failure
An uninterruptible power source (UPS) depends on reliable, steady battery power to keep critical systems working. The failure of an aging battery can mean important financial data are lost, patient records disappear, or building locks fail.
Benefits of Getting Your Batteries Tested
Battery testing can catch all sorts of invisible conditions that degrade your UPS batteries:
- Drying out
Without several inspection regimens, your emergency battery backup power can be ticking its way down to failure. Our field engineers will:
- Visually inspect your batteries for cracks, leaks, or corrosion
- Test voltage
- Measure float current
- Measure ripple current
- Take temperature readings
Battery testing on a defined schedule is your added insurance that your company’s critical power systems will be ready to answer the call in an emergency.
How Often Should Batteries Be Tested?
Battery backup is a fail-safe. It simply must work when called upon. Therefore, frequent testing is needed to ensure that your critical power system is ready to perform in any condition.
South Florida Critical Power recommends quarterly inspections on battery testing; any critical power test may need to be scheduled more frequently if local conditions — excessive heat, high humidity, or a history of power failures — warrant it.
Businesses We Serve
South Florida Critical Power is ready to assist any size business, in any field:
- Banks, financial institutions, brokerages and any financial service requiring invulnerable electronic record preservation;
- Jewelers, watchmakers, furriers, pawn shops, and other merchants carrying high-value, small items requiring completely secure storage;
- Doctors’ practices, emergency care centers, medical centers, hospitals, and other locations holding vital medical records.
- Data centers, IT equipment for businesses, call centers, casinos, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, parking garages, and many more.